Sunday, October 12, 2008

This is my newest five-star cookie recipe! I got it from the Oct/Nov edition of Taste of Home, and since we had all the ingredients on hand, we thought we'd give it a try. These cookies meet my criteria for perfect, as I like them a little crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside. The coconut makes them really moist, and the finely chopped almonds add great texture. Let me know what you think!

Coconut Crunch Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract (I used 1/2 t., as I'm not a big almond extract fan)
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
2 c. flaked coconut
1 pkg (11.5 oz.) milk chocolate chips
1.5 c. finely chopped almonds (I used slivered almonds)

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Kim, I love this blog background. It fits the "theme" perfectly!

Kim said...

Thanks Tammy!

Kris said...

These are yummy cookies! I'm assuming these are the same cookies you brought to Survivor? This is is a cute blog!