Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Malibu Chicken

Have any of you eaten Malibu Chicken at Sizzler? This is one of the restaurant recipes that I've tried to duplicate at home, and I think mine is better than Sizzler. They use a pre-breaded frozen chicken patty, while I use real chicken breast meat. I'll try to make the recipe as specific as I can, but I usually don't measure much when I prepare this. This is almost like a simplified version of my favorite meal, chicken cordon bleu. I have the best recipe for cordon bleu, which I'll be sure to post later!

MALIBU CHICKEN

1 c. mayonnaise
1 to 1.5 t. lemon juice
1 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1 t. salt
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 3 small)
6 slices of deli ham
6 slices of swiss cheese

Sauce:
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 to 4 T. prepared mustard

Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch or so. Cut each breast into 3 sections if large, 2 if smaller. Thin out the mayo with the lemon juice by mixing until well combined. Brush the mayo mixture on the chicken, coat with bread crumb mixture, and place in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven; place one folded slice of ham and one slice of swiss cheese on top of each chicken. Place under the broiler for a minute or two until cheese is melted. Combined mayo and mustard and serve on the side.

No comments: