Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Dinner!











The one thing I enjoyed about Halloween this year was making a fun dinner for the kids and their friends before they went out trick or treating! Macey's makes these cute pumpkin break bowls that I served chili in. Then I made these cute mummies out of hot dogs and breadstick dough. I also made Jello jigglers in Halloween shapes and served orange Kool-Aid with purple Kool-Aid ice cubes.

MUMMIES
12 hot dogs
1 tube of Pillsbury breadstick dough (no generic brands!)
mustard


Open tube of breadstick dough, unroll, and separate. Cut each breadstick into three strips. Wrap each strip around the hot dogs until covered, leaving a space for the eyes. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Dot on eyes with mustard.


I had both generic and Pillsbury brands of breadstick dough that I used, and I definitely recommend sticking with Pillsbury for this one!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Those mummies turned out SO cute! I'm going to do that next year for sure. I also love those pumpkin soup bowls. They used to sale them in Bountiful...but, I didn't see them here this year.