Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FSC: November - Week 4

Emergeny Auto Kit: Make one, purchase one, or update one.

With all the holiday travel, it's wise to make sure you're prepared for any on-road situation you might find yourself in.

Some ideas include jumper cables, tow rope, lug nut wrench, car jack, life hammer (window breaker), spotlight or flashlight, chemical lightstick, mylar blanket, emergency poncho with hood, first aid kit, granola bars, water bottles, pocket knife, leather gloves, whistle with lanyard, duct tape, reflective triangle, and tire sealant and inflator.

All we have right now is a homemade first aid kit, jumper cables, and a fleece blanket that we always keep in the back of our minivan. We don't even have the spare tire installed under the car because the last tire shop couldn't re-install it for some reason. I figure that I always have AAA, but what if something happens in an area where I don't get reception on my cell phone?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Good reminder Kim! It seems like this type of stuff always gets taken out of my car....because I need all the space for groceries, or the stroller, or something else. I probably need to get some stuff back in there!